From Africa: Investment proposal please read and respond

Dear Sir,
I am Emmanuel Bode and I have just got your details through JAMES DEDE over their family investment funds of $12Million, and after much deliberation with him, I have decided to reach you and sort things out so that we can proceed accordingly. This is my email address: emmanuelbode22000@yahoo.com

I would very much understand and appreciate your reservation about the reality of the transaction, more so, given the fact that both of us are not previously known to each other or properly introduced to each other.

Personally, I had similar misgiving about entrusting such a colossal sum to a complete stranger, as I know nothing about you other the information given to me by James Dede.
It is instructive you note that, there would not have been any need to contact you and get your involvement, but for some constraint in setting up an off shore account. My position as a diplomat puts me entirely in the picture as I would be monitored by my country if I try to open an offshore account.

Actually, I had traveled to Nassau (the Bahamas) in respect of personally setting up an account for the receipt of the fund. All the banks I visited to find out their reaction to large deposit and how they would treat new customers. Without any exception, the banks are scared stiff of the American authority in view of their experience last year, when the American authority threatened to freeze all their account and assets in New York if the ¡MUST KNOW YOUR CUSTOMER¢ policy in line with the Money Laundering and Drug Law is flouted. They refuse new accounts opening on the spot and insist on some stringent conditions, such as first sending a fax or mail from one?s home address requesting for account opening application, two original utilities bills, credit card company bills and statement of account of existing account where the applicant home address must be clearly stated. Furthermore, the applicant must sign an undertaking authorizing the bank to release details of ones account movement, if such request was officially received from the US authority.

Also certain information would be required from the existing bank such as character of the intended customer and three years audited account. It is in view of these stringent conditions that, we decided the best way to approach the task was to liaise with someone outside Africa, hence you were contacted.
 I personally have made a lot of commitment, However, the biggest of all this sacrifices is our commitment at this final and critical stage of the transaction. Commitment here entails not only attention and focus, but unflinching support, trust and cooperation.

The funds as you are aware are presently secured with a bank abroad, and it is expected I hear from you so that we can commence work on the transfer. Finally, I want to let you know that I have absolute confidence
in your ability to handle this transaction, and also expect you to handle this with all sense of purpose and maturity.

I expect your prompt response using this email below: emmanuelbode22000@yahoo.com
Best wishes,
Emmanuel Bode